ECSU students earn Challenger and Eagle awards
April 23, 2012
Dr. Cheryl Jackson Lewis announces recipients of the Challenger and Eagle awards for the Ronald E. McNair Postbaccalaureate Achievement Program.
Challenger Award - The award is reserved for students with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher. Eligible students must be actively involved in research, civic engagement and/or community service. Recipients also must have a strong interest in pursuing a graduate and/or professional degree. The Challenger Award recipients and their hometowns:
- Alex Doyal - Elizabeth City, N.C.
- Joshua Finney - Huntersville, N.C.
- Tomeika Jones - Norfolk, Va.
- Rakea Joyner - Elizabeth City, N.C.
- Camille McGowan - Charlotte, N.C.
- DeVon McNair - Kinston, N.C.
- Stephanie Perez - Raleigh, N.C.
Eagle Award - The award is reserved for students with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 to 3.5. Recipients must be actively involved in research and/or civic engagement. The student must have a strong interest in graduate school, with aspirations of attaining an advanced degree.
- Husni Agri - High Point, N.C.
- Lena Black - Stockbridge, GA
- Lakisha Campbell - Winston-Salem, N.C.
- Briana Ferebee - Elizabeth City, N.C.
- James Irvin - Oxford, N.C.
- Kristina Jiles - Riverdale, Md.
- Monae Merck - Winston-Salem, N.C.
- Jasmine Moore - Charlotte, N.C.
- Taneshia Moore - Winston-Salem, N.C.
- LaVonde' Roseboro - Charlotte, N.C.
- Dante' Wilson - Elizabeth City, N.C.